Monday, August 1, 2011

Dad The Fighter

My Dad-o's body decided to give-out....
Strong as an ox, he is....
So he's fought his way from the edge....


a mere 6 weeks ago...

My entire childhood he watched "the fights" (boxing matches) on TV. He's in the ring for a solo fight now. I'm fairly confident that he will not be KO'd. He was brutally hit though. The one-two punch was pneumonia and massive infection. Unfortunately,  there was no ref in the ring to call foul on the below-the-belt hit - his kidneys started to fail. He's now in his corner, battered and bruised, but WE'RE HERE DAD... to give encouragement, wipe your brow, moisten your wounds and offer water to nourish you! As your eldest I'm doing everything in my power to end the match.  None of us will allow you to enter the ring again....
I know you will win this match!!  By UNANIMOUS DECISION !!


Dad ~ I'm only adding this clip of Ali because it reminds me of you watching a fight. Sitting in our living room, bare chested on a Saturday evening watching Wide World of Sports. You'd be so engrossed in the match that you would look as if you were there in the ring..... your head bobbing side to side. Your hands in clenched fists moving slightly.... ever the sportsman yourself!


Walk out of that arena soon, Dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment