Sunday, June 24, 2012

Backyard Musings...

Believe!  Wish! guess that must be all it takes in order for a surprise to be granted...
I'd always hoped to be a chicken-keeper one day. Well maybe a tendress. Wasn't sure that Hubby and I had the time it takes to stay at home, clean coops and poops, and truly KEEP a flock of our own. It's best to be a good pet steward. Still I ended up with one, a solo feathered friend - a dear sweet girl - yes, she's still here ~

BILOXI


You haven't seen her lately, huh? I know... I was wont to make you  tire of her story! Still loving every minute of her and her co-conspirators {the next-door-neighbor-chickens}. Messy, messy girls that they are! Tons of dirt beneath their nails, I'll tell ya.


Clarabelle

In other backyard news ~



An old-time cement sink ^ that I salvaged from a trash heap sits right outside the kitchen door and has purpose as my herb garden. Makes it awfully easy to snip when it's just steps away. I have another cement sink being gifted to me sometime soon. That'll make 4 in the yard.


This vessel of gray-green enamel came from Hungary. A shop out in the far-spread reaches of our coast - Patine - had a container sale, and I came home with this FIND!




Jasmine and Nasturtium are twining and vining to the heavens...







The Magnolia tree furiously sheds her brown velvet coating in time for summer.... those leaves cover every space of lawn. Huge, fragrant blooms of white are the perfect perfume for the living room...



Enjoying our space, every chance I get!

Shared our space with a couple of friends for a short TGIF tapas evening and that's where I'll leave off. Will share our space and that lovely visit on my next visit here....



No comments:

Post a Comment