Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Sunny Daffodils


Early morning on most Tuesdays the garden clippers are in my hand helping me to compose a pretty tussie-mussie of blooms from the yard. I select, they clip - I remove, they prune....  trusty little buggers!
Once a week I bring two bouquets of flowers to work. Always they consist of blossoms that I have grown. This week nearly the entire bouquet was made of daffodils. It is definitely their season!




Pockets of sunshine, those daffodils! They start a day off just right!

Oh, p.s. - a tussie-mussie is:
A nosegay, posey (or posie, posy), flower bouquet or tussie-mussie is a small bunch of flowers, typically given as a gift. They have existed in some form since at least medieval times, when they were carried or worn around the head or bodice to mask the unpleasant smells of the time[citation needed] - literally, to keep the nose gay (to keep the nose happy).

I came upon this word years ago at a sweet little hat shop in which I worked. Thanks Michelle!




No comments:

Post a Comment