Thursday, July 18, 2013

Mornings with the Mournings...

First thing each morning, I go to the kitchen to brew some tea. Always,  an open window is my ritual {Hubby is kind to help}... or I struggle with that 70 year old monster myself if he hasn't had the chance. This window looks out into our backyard garden. On each side of the pane are old twisted-wire plant hangers. We've had some visitors claim these planters as their home! A feathered couple of mourning doves, that I believe are hoping to start a family!








A couple of days after this portrait of Mr. Mourning, the pair left my window...



my pie-bird seems to be crowing at the dove




See the Missus - she's lying down - her black eyes following my lens, mid-picture...





Was so wishing to witness the birth of the babes....
Surely seemed that they might stay with this nest. They definitely weren't frightened by our close proximity, or the camera clicking away!







Maybe next time, Mr. & Mrs. Mourning.... our garden is your garden!



* go visit all of the fabulous blogs that are linked at My Romantic Home!! I'll be there.

1 comment:

  1. lovely! such beautiful pictures! its been a while....thanks for this bit of insight into your world again.

    ReplyDelete