Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Butcher, Baker... Where's the Candlestick Maker?

More stores need fresh butcher shops! I'll put my request in now! Something about them that  I find so fresh, yet so old-school. I think I've spoken of this place : el Salchichero in Santa Cruz? It's a small but finely stocked charcuterie. I adore the owner and his fellow-choppers - they're dynamic, informative, and tattooed! Tiny place, big + for a perfect food field trip with the Organic Chef!
{Cousin Rick}




















Hubby kissing the ceramic pork




Meat was bought! Cousin was happy. Butcher ... then Baker... in the same courtyard is Kelly's French Bakery! Yuuuummmmy  decadence...












this little starling had his "sweet" spot staked-out





 Next?  other California scenery - especially while in the Santa Cruz area. One must visit the beach - of course !!














Pleasure seeking, food indulging, and completely seizing the day - we truly DID!!




No comments:

Post a Comment