Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Dates

Dates, appointments, memories, calendars, a whole new year...

SO MANY RED LETTER DAYS!

Doesn't get much more important than the fresh start of a brand new year. I commandeered Hubby, got behind the wheel, and drove myself to fill the day with my personal joys. I finagled him into enjoying them as well!


Slowly ambled creek side at Alum Rock Park, crossing turn of the century stone bridges while sniffing at the air for sulphur from ancient hot springs. I had battled the flu for the week prior to this and our walk was a meek version of my usual hikes. That was alright though, it kept me side to side with Hubby.



Drove to the highest peak I could find in our city and waited for the sun to set. The first one of the next 364 in 2012. And, there are really BIG important dates coming....



Not to be forgotten - I'm a little ahead of myself - a date; an anniversary just passed for my dear friend Coco. She found skies to soar in without physical limits two years ago on New Years Eve. I was at the beach when she passed, and I was there again on this anniversary.

Anxiously awaiting today, January 3rd for many RED LETTER reasons....

My Sweet has worked hard to get well, and back to work again. Today was his first. Hopefully his achy legs can be willed into strength with each stride.



On this date, we've pinned high hopes on results to a medical test.  The outcome was not the one we wished for, yet everyone's spirits are calm and only time will tell. This is another event for a leap of faith. {see past few posts} As have been very many of my life's situations of late.



And today came, and left us with a different date to watch the calendar for. With many months past a year now, my friend that has been both hospitalized and housebound while waiting for clear thoughts and happiness is trying to keep the faith.  We expected to hear where she might move; where I can visit her next. Our hopes are pinned on a new place, and a changed RED LETTER day.


One day at a time.....

Sure as the grass grows...

We'll get our answers, and make new dates, and memorialize anniversary dates...




And, God willing live another full year...

No comments:

Post a Comment