Monday, January 2, 2012

A Wandering Mind

Nearly fooled myself into believing I was wandering the foothills of a picturesque Italian village.  The scenery reminiscent of a wintertime visit spent in a northern hillside there.  I felt the pull of a  Florence daydream and set the camera in action. Italy was popping out all over! I'll take you with me along my via del gatos...

"Italian" sighting #1

Red clay roofs...

and the fields just near, grape vines clipped and winterized...



Sighing as I walked..... happily in wandering-dreaming-memory mode. I was wistful. Yeah, that's it exactly! Wishing, hoping - in another time and place.

A piece of Mediterranean flora ...





How all of these items caught my attention; how each seemingly whispered ITALY was in itself dreamy! What silly, refreshing thoughts. So nice to have my mind wander. Why and how did this come to be? Very caught off guard when the next item was a religious medal hanging from a tree in a remote spot. GOD?? you toying with me?



More plant matter - the edible kind - so Italiano...


OLIVES
Yeah, we've got them here also. This is Italian wanderlust though, so I'm sticking to Mediterranean!

A memory of the mimosa tree and a holiday we witnessed on an Italian journey made me smile when I saw a tree near bloom...


                                                               {my photo}

This is a mimosa in bloom - beautiful and fragrant....

{from an Italian blog}
Nearing the end of my journey. Yet, for some unknown reason, I reversed my direction and took another path - extending my travel. Okay, maybe Roman Gods were following me because I next came across this ...


This signage ^ placed in the yard of a vintage home, along with a few pieces of ornate embellishments...

A detour worth it's weight in gold.. mmm... in concrete statuary!

My hop, skip, and a jump for the day took me all the way to Italy without getting on a plane! A trick of the mind that ya don't mind having! When can I go again?!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment