Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Where Alice is Likened to a Poker Hand

No topic for this post... 

No energy to think one up ...

Maybe I'm able to connect the dots from Hubby's card night to me with no hand to play..

Nope... I've got nothin'...


Cards.. boys??



At our house in the crazy Alice-like world I've been living in.. {everything all wonky}.. well, it makes sense that poker would be played in our front yard. Oh yeah! So very ghetto, and yet, funny!
CURIOUSER & CURIOUSER!!

Hey.. now I do have a topic!!

A correlation to poker and life ... I've been feeling like the chips were down. Not every day and not in a way that has me feeling down. In fact the chips being down also made me feel like I'd been dealt a new hand. Empowered.





There have been men on my roof. Hacksaws and ladders in my trees. I've been Motrin popping at night in order to move my fingers. Sprayers and cleaners and all sorts of deterrents placed in the yard and garage. I've found strength I didn't know I had. Trees have been dug up and overgrown brush reduced. Cannot wait any longer. The aging house got this way from neglect. Someone had to do something. Again, oh so very Alice... "I wonder if I've been changed in the night? Let me think, was I the same when I got up this morning?"


 

Just like Alice - I too love a tea party and friends.. but, eventually sense needs to be made of our life ..
In Alice Through The Looking Glass there is a potion sitting upon the table, with a tag that reads:
Drink Me. When she consumed the drink she was able to change herself to do what the task was at hand. Oh, if it were only so easy!




Hubby's poker scotch tasting




There ya have it. Found a topic. Me & Alice. Just girls. Makin' things happen. Change feels good.






A toast to you & me, Alice!!   Drink me, INDEED!!  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment