Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Oh, The Sights...

Our caravan of six - stuffed into a brand new mini-van - hit the lone highway that rims the edge of the Island of Kauai. When you rarely get to a specific destination it seems sacrilegious to forgo the sightseeing and touring of said place. We just HAD TO. We saw valleys of green, lush foliage, seas roiling with white spindrift, red dirt canyons and the acreage of a bird sanctuary-garden that became a night of eating and entertainment....
















Taro fields ~






















Our neighboring pool was luxurious ~






Our day to Waimea Canyon was nearly a bust.. as there was so much vlog (volcanic fog) and clouds that the view deep down into the volcano was instead a sky of white mist ~





but, clear - it did!





As we sat parked waiting for the weather to cooperate, my Dad was skillfully bargain shopping with a man that sat on the grass with his wares all around him. What a cheerful, haoli man he was. This guy made jewelry from all sorts of seeds and pods off the local trees. Sweetly, Dad purchased all of his "girls" a piece of jewelry. I'll remember it forever.






Bamboo forests of posts over 20 feet in height.... this image does not do it justice. What a wild walk on this morning - through a hurricane destroyed resort - with the forest creeping in on the foundations and roads....






The leaves of this tree bearing the names of loves ~










Encounters with numerous locals rendered stories of unusual temps and wave action. Hanalei Bay is known for its calmness. While we visited a few of the days had us hiking out just to see the wild surf and high waves ~









look at the size and curl of this wave ~







Supremely lush, unique and a tropical Eden... I realize just how many scenery images I shot! This post is very photo-heavy. So, I'll either share captured scenery again.. or maybe even get into my personal stash of family pictures and add them next time. While I do at times attach a photo of myself, maybe Hubby too ... but not often do I do a spread on many of my loved ones. Possibly now I will! They're a good lot - that family of mine - I'm sure they won't mind (seeing as this blog is not a big read in the Internet world).  hhhaa

No comments:

Post a Comment