Sunday, June 26, 2011

Over The River... and Through Sacramento

To Mother's house I drove.....

One of the hottest days since last September, and I'm cruisin' down I-5 with no air conditioning!! YIKES!
Gotta get to the parents so that I can take over Florence Nightingale duties! Didn't mean that I couldn't sight see on the way though ~


grain silos as I breeze by....

The valley through Northern California is hot, hot, hot in the summertime! I took random shots - without looking through the viewfinder - through my wide open window!

big rigs own the road on I-5


open window photography
Miles of orchards along Highways 99 and 70. We've got olives, cherries, almonds, walnuts......
Sandwich boards line the sides of the mini thoroughfares. I decided to stop after seeing this one ~

they didn't spellcheck!
Tony's ran their signs for a quarter mile or so.... all painted an eye catching pink... all the better to get your attention!








fresh, local produce


The farm stand was a lovely pit stop. What would a summer journey along rural roads, sweltering and singing to oldies be without a soft serve cone??? Had to do it to make this trip complete!



Feels like summer to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment