Saturday, December 4, 2010

The City By The Bay....

I Left My Heart in San Francisco -
  and a case of champagne too....











Spending time with girlfriends in one of my favorite cities in the world! As a young adult I was fortunate to find a group of women girls (at that time) who I have claimed as MY OWN for somewhere near 30 years! Boy do we know how to have fun; man can we laugh! Sometimes I feel we are still that young group of girls 'cause we can sure rock a dance floor -
Periodically.    Lately though, I believe, we're just glad to be in the same hotel room sipping champagne, talking over each other reveling in the unique bond that we have. Together this sisterhood has celebrated and endured many triumphs and tragedies. They are the sisters my mother did not birth. Without them ... well I can find no metaphor... I don't want to know a without them! So, rain or shine I will be somewhere near that Golden Gate, in the city by the bay, Christmas shopping in Union Square and thanking my lucky stars that I am theirs and they are mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment