Thursday, December 9, 2010

Gotta See One...

Sign me up, right now! If I could go out and buy a ticket for one of these productions then I would surely do so! I am utterly intrigued by the whole thing.  Imagine being out in a public spot, minding your own business and then suddenly there is some form of a show going on and you are sitting center stage.  Possibly I'm behind the times on this phenomenon ... but I AM LOVING ME THIS FLASH MOB thing!! For anyone not in the know here is wikipedia's definition :
A flash mob (or flashmob ) is a large group of people who assemble suddenly in a public place, perform an unusual and pointless act for a brief time, then disperse. The term flash mob is general...
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flash_mob
When I Googled flash mob there is plenty to read on the idea. I intend to research much further! Even Oprah got a surprise at a flash mob showing during a taping one year ago. Modern Family did an episode recently that had Mitchell joining in on a dance in the middle of a mall plaza, much to the pleasure and dismay of Cam! The alarm on Cameron's face being only because he didn't know the steps to the routine and was left out of the production. "How could you? you've two timed me with choreography.." ever the drama queen!
Today a friend shared a flash mob video on Facebook. The darn thing even made me teary! I can be sappy sometimes. I truly wish I could have seen this show though - in a mall food court as each singer stood up and in harmony and with voices beautifully tuned sang.. "and he shall reign forever and ever, and he shall..."  la la la  la la....   A beautiful Christmas hymn, just because, just like that, just for the fun of it all!!  Gives me hope for mankind ! Now really, how do you get a reaction like that and such strong emotion from one such seemingly silly thing?!
LOVE IT !!!

Added later - here is the link to U tube flashmob:
www.youtube.com
http://www.AlphabetPhotography.com/ - On Nov.13 2010 unsuspecting shoppers got a big surprise while enjoying their lunch. Over 100 participants in this awesome Christmas Flash Mob. This is a must see! This flash mob was organized by http://www.AlphabetPhotography.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment