Friday, April 15, 2011

Around the House and I Smell My Dad....

Why that is the strangest title I have every seen!!! Truly though, I remember the scent of my Dad. Or might I say there is a scent that when inhaled I am immediately taken back to childhood. And the fragrance is always connected to my father. His signature scent is  TOMATO PLANT! Don't you just love that smell? Fresh, a little biting, green.....
I planted tomatoes in the raised beds today. As I tilled and composted and placed the young-lings - the scent wafted. I'm thinking of you Dad-O!!



Apparently the azaleas loved all of the rain this winter!  G - O - R - G -E - O- U - S !!


trained sweet peas up a dead rose standard... A SWEET PEA TREE!!




My screen door to the garden with glass dragonfly hovering upon it....



Flowers for the living room. I placed the daffodils into a small jar hidden in the trophy cup, and then added moss to the top so the effect is as if they're sprouting from the ground.


A beautiful quirk of nature. A perfect heart built into the trunk of a tree.....

No comments:

Post a Comment